Sunday, May 22, 2011

Fifth Sunday of Easter



During the Homily today we were reminded that going home is often a place we want to go when we feel aggravated or, beaten up by life. The notion of home can be a place we live, or a place we go for refuge. The Gospel Reading today compels us to think of this notion of home as a place we end up as followers of the Risen Lord. Jesus told his disciples, "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house there are many dwelling places... I go to prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, so that were I am, there you may be also (Saint John 14:1-14)." During the conclusion of the Homily Father Swann asserted how many folks have said they have found a home at St. Paul. Please ponder this and hit the comment button below with a response: What does home mean to you? Do you have any ideas that are not currently in practice that you feel would make visitors feel more at home at St. Paul? ***all responses are greatly appreciated*** God's Peace.

1 comment:

  1. To me home means refuge. Through the week that is so stress filled, I find that at St. Paul. My home through the week is in time spent with family and friends. I don't know of anything personally that would make visitors feel more welcome. I think we should all speak to visitors, but I think everyone pretty much does that anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraged by members and friends of Saint Paul Episcopal Church. Please keep it friendly and respectful!